Senior Housekeeper Role
1 Position at The Mill Barns, Alveley, Nr Bridgnorth
1 Position at Pendrell Hall, Codsall, Nr Wolverhampton
We're looking for a Senior Housekeeper, a team leader who is organised, articulate, hard-working, flexible and reliable to bring some added sparkle to our amazing wedding venues.
You'll lead an established, friendly and hard working team, you'll organise and support your team, leading by example.
We have 2 positions available.
- One position at The Mill Barns, Alveley, Bridgnorth WV15 6HL
- One position at Pendrell Hall, Codsall Wood, Wolverhampton WV8 1QP
If you'd like the opportunity to work for this successful and exciting company in one of the most incredible, joyous, wonderful industries ever...then read on!
Lead a supportive team.
You will supervise the day to day operations of the housekeeping department. You will ensure that the venue and accommodation is prepared to the highest of cleanliness standards. You will train and manage your team to ensure they are compliant with health and safety and company standards.
- To ensure the smooth day to day running of general housekeeping.
- To ensure that the venue is viewing ready by 8.45am and wedding ready by 10am, and wedding set up is done i.e. wedding decorations.
- To ensure that all accommodation is ready at the times specified by the business.
- To train staff as and when required, including the induction of new housekeeping staff.
- Effectively manage the Housekeeping Team and report to the Venue Manager daily or when scheduled in for your shift.
Day to Day Management
- Undertake a daily linen count to ensure adequate supplies on the google sheets
- Stock check for cleaning products and bedroom products to ensure guests experiences are not affected- order where required
- Liaise with the events and administration office
- Clean front and back of house
- Report any lost property on the electronic spreadsheet supplied and correctly label the item.
- Report lost keys to the Events office.
- Report any damage, add to handover notes, and faults and maintenance list. If urgent contact Venue Manager directly.
- Ensure thorough communication takes place with the Venue Housekeeper.
- If no wedding - Secure the building following a clean and ensure that all heaters and lights are set correctly, including dressing room, disabled toilet, accommodation.
- Report any staffing issues to the Venue Manager
- Always be prepared for the next clean and leave a handover email, this is to be sent to the Venue Manager, Bookings, Operations Manager and event team.
- Deploy staff effectively to ensure that all time targets are met.
- Ensure that appropriate cleaning materials are available and serviceable at the end of every clean.
- Ensure the quality of the clean meets the required standards of the Venue Manager
- Assist on the clean as and when required i.e. to pick up lost time or short staffed through absence.
- Excellent communication skills with teams and guests
- Highly proficient in IT
- Excellent management and people skills
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Good leadership and training abilities
Hours & Rates
The successful applicant will be offered a 16 hours + permanent contract and an hourly rate of £11.50
Feel The Love!
Some recent feedback from our Happy Couples about their Wedding Event Manager:
"The staff are professional and take pride in everything they do, and despite this being what they do, day-in day-out, we genuinely felt like ours was the most magical day of all. We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person - especially Lydia our wedding planner. Nothing was ever too much trouble."Mr & Mrs Friend - Married at The Mill Barns
"Laura was amazing and helped make our day perfect, we knew she was there to help every step of the way and was always there when we needed her on the day!" - Emma & Greg - Married at The Mill Barns
"Victoria is incredible. What an amazing, knowledgeable and lovely lady. Made our day run smoothly and we will always be grateful!" - Tessa & Jonathan - Married at Pendrell Hall